ABC Soup, why it's call ABC soup since we didn't see any of the 26 alphabets in it??? This is actually soup with potatoes, sweet corns, carrots, tomatoes and onions as ingredients. Maybe, it's the mixture of all those colourful ingredients got it named "ABC soup" This soup is famous among children. They just love it so much, and so do I ! ☻
My kids requested me to cook them their favourite ABC soup today. I use chicken bones to make the stock for this soup as my kids normally won't take the meat. They just love the potato, corn and carrot in it. This soup taste naturally sweet and it's very easy to cook.
Here is the recipe for this ABC Soup:
600 g chicken bones (can replace it with the same amount of chicken thigh)
2 sweet corns (unskinned and cut into 4 big chunks)
500 g potatoes (peeled & cut half)
1 large carrot (peeled & cut into bite size)
2 large tomatoes (quartered)
2 large onions (peeled & cut into wedges)
some peppercorn (about 1/2 tbsp, smashed)
2 litre water
salt to taste
- Get all the ingredients ready. Remove the skin, blood and fat on the chicken bones. Clean it with water and set a side.
- In a pot, bring the 2 litre water to boil. Add in the smashed peppercorn, chicken bones and sweet corn. Let it cook for 5 - 10 mins.
- Add in potatoes, carrots and onions. Continue to let it boil for 10 mins. Lower the heat and continue to simmer until the potatoes and carrot turn soft.
- Lastly, add the tomatoes and salt, continue to simmer for 5 - 10 mins until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Serve hot with dash of pepper on it.
p/s: Click HERE for more ABC Soup related post!!
Happy Cooking!! ☻