Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nutella Frosted Cup Cakes

Nutella Frosted Cupcakes

I love cooking & baking☻. Everything’s about food will sure attracts me. The main purpose I start this foodie BLOG is to jotted down my journey in exploring and experimenting new recipes. Besides sharing my cooking and recipes with my family and friends here. One of the main reason I started baking is for my 3 kids. They loved bread & cakes, especially cheesecake so much. Pizza & tarts too.
I tried this Nutella Cup Cakes with the recipe I got from a great foodie blogger She Bakes & She Cook ☻ The cakes turn out great & taste heavenly. My daughters loved it !

One of my kids favourite cupcakes and here is the recipe :


Nutella Frosted Cupcakes

☻10 tbsp(140 gm) butter, softened
☻3/4 cup white sugar (120 gm) - I reduced 10gm
☻3 eggs1/2 tsp vanilla
☻1 3/4 cups (200 gm) plain flour
☻1/4 tsp salt
☻2 tsp baking powder

☻Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Method:

Preheat oven to 325F(190c). Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners (I baked at 170c for 20mins)


Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes.


Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated - Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth. Add vanilla, mix well.

Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains **(I sift the flour, baking powder and salt together before fold them in the butter mixture slowly spoon by spoon, mix well - the batter will be a bit sticky and thick**)


Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.


They should be 3/4 full, if you’re not using a scoop.


Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella (I topped them with 1/2tsp)


Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.


Bake for 20 minutes.


Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.


☻Makes 12 cupcakes


Notes : I bake it at 170c as my oven are tend to get hot easily. I reduce the amount of sugar used, it's a bit sweet for my taste buds.

It's not easy to swirl the Nutella in the batter for the first time. Practice makes perfect. Must try this okay! It smells & tastes heavenly yummy ! ~

AMY

8 comments:

Constance Chan said...

i'm the first to comment! yippeee! just want to congrats you on your food blog first thing!

and also the cup cakes look really good. i'm going to try them too. thanks for sharing!

FADmom Constance
http://fadaboutfood.com

MAAZ said...

i found the crystal package most interesting one at www.aura.net

aussieahchee said...

what a nice receipe! My son will enjoy this one as he is a great fan of Nutella!!! eversince he was a baby till now! Looks like you are a good chef, Tintin

TINTIN said...

Thank you...I will bake and share with all of you at the same time.

PatriCa BB said...

You like yout blog very much..

Happy I found your blog..

Need to learn from you, too. I gonna try thiss nuttella frosted cup cake.

Thanks for sharing!!

Kitchen Corner said...

Just notice there is a blog with so many good recipe! I like your blog very much! Will try some of your recipe soon. Cheers!

mari said...

Sorry to say this recipe produces very bland, slightly dry cupcakes.

Blessed Homemaker said...

I made this cupcake using the same recipe.

Glad to have found your blog, will be visiting more often :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin