Sunday, March 1, 2009

Walnut and Chocolate Chips Cookies

Walnut and Chocolate Chip cookies1

My kids have been fan of Famous Amos' cookies all this while. They have the cookies since they are small. Too bad we can't get to buy this cookies here and only manage to buy it when we make a trip to KL. I've been browsing for the chocolate chips cookies recipe online until I read Kikey's blog talking about the chocolate chips cookies she baked and eventually link me to this wonderful recipe from FoongMood. I would like to thank her for being so generous sharing the recipe with me and let my kids at home can have a taste of Famous Amos' cookies. My kids loved the cookies so so much..
Walnut and Chocolate Chip Cookies3
I didn't chopped the walnut too small. I love to chew the walnuts in my cookies.

Ingredients :

Butter 150 g
Sugar 110 g (I use 100 g)
Brown Sugar 30 g
Egg - 1
Flour 220 g
Corn Flour 50 g
Vanilla Essense 1 tsp
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Walnut 100 g
Chocolate Chip 50 g
Coco Powder 30 g


Method :

Sieve flour, corn flour, coco powder & soda together. Set aside.
Cream butter with sugar and brown sugar until it is creamy.
Add in egg and mix till well combined.
Add in salt and essence vanilla.
Fold in the sieve flour till it forms dough and mix in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
Spoon and drop the dough onto the lined baking pan.
Baked at preheat oven at 180c for15-20 mins.
Walnut and chocolate chip cookies2
My cookies fresh out from oven. Don't forget to let it cool first before you move them to cool further on the wire rack. Look good right?? It taste heavenly, trust me!!

Note: Make sure you use the good quality butter, walnut and chocolate chips when baking this cookies. I use chopped Hershey unsweetened chocolate bar to replace the chocolate chips in this recipe.


HAPPY BAKING

10 comments:

墮天使 - 祥 said...

I am glad that you like the cookies.

CheezyHeart said...

Hi,
I'm glad to found ur blog.
Wld u care to share the famous amos cookies recipe with me? Appreciate tat very much...thks a million here

kogas5@yahoo.com

TINTIN said...

ChezzyHeart : You can ask the recipe for this cookies from http://foongmood.blogspot.com/2008/10/famous-amos-cookies.html

CheezyHeart said...

Hi,

may i ask does the cookies flatten or spread out alot during bake?

What flour did u use?

Did u use a fork to press on the cookies? the shape in ur pics looks kinda nice & unique. thks

TINTIN said...

The cookies dough are rather sticky, just leave about 1" space apart for each cookies, the cookie dough won't flatten or spread much. I do press some of the cookies I bake but not all of them.

Firray said...

Hi

Could I have the english version recipe?Thank you

ohk82@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I just baked a batch of these cookies this morning. These cookies are awesome!! Crunchy n soo..yummy. My kids will be delighted to have these for tea today. Thks for providing the link to this awesome recipe! :)

here is a pic of my cookies- http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/sspaks64/FamousAmoschocchipcookies.jpg

Susanna, Perth

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Just wanted to tell you how delicious this tasted when i made them today! The swetness was just nice, with hints of cocoa taste inside. My family absolutely adores it! (:

TINTIN said...

Wei Li, Glad to know that your family enjoy this cookies .. it was my kid's favourite too :)

JT said...

I tried your recipe as written today and the cookies turned out really crumbly. Is that normal?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin