Friday, February 20, 2009

Strawberry Jam Sponge Sandwich

I'm going to bake the Blueberry Cheese Cake☻ and I baked this vanilla sponge cake for the cheese cake base. Since the recipe require only about 10cm thick base. I cut the sponge cake I baked into half and saved the other half for my Blueberry Cheese Cake base.

Today is my kid's school sports day. I spread the remaining sponge cake with some strawberry jam, the only jam available and make them some sponge sandwich as their afternoon snack. They love it so much. Actually we can replace the strawberry jam with the icing cream and fresh strawberries. I've finished using all my strawberries in making the strawberry ice-cream yesterday and I just use this St. Dalfour strawberry jam with "no additional sugar". It tastes real good, not too sweet - just spread as much as u like!☻

~ Imagine the cottony soft cake with your favourite jam and cup of hot coffee. It's makes perfect teatime snack

Strawberry Sandwich 1


Simple sponge cake recipe:
(A)
250g Sponge mix flour
4 Eggs
(B)
50 ml Water
(C)
80 g Melted butter

Method:
Pour (A) into the mixing bowl.
Whip (A) till thick.
Add (B) and mix into the batter.
Whip the batter till light and fluffy.
Mix (C) with the batter till well blended.
Pour it into a 8" square mould. Bake at 180c for 30 minutes.
Leave to cold before cut them into 3 layers.
Spread the strawberry jam on each layer before cut them into pieces.
Fillings:
Strawberry jam or and jam of your preference☻


Strawberry Sandwich2
My fav St. Dalfour Strawberry Jam - no additional sugar and preservatives.

Note : Try this if you have kids at home, I bet they'll love it!☻

3 comments:

vialentino said...

wah tintin....this is ur cooking blogsite...and u cook all this....wow...i am impressed!

Wendy said...

wei.... lao nuar liao!!! LOL!!

TINTIN said...

via: hahaha...thank you!
giggle: I also lao nuar when looking at your mini cheese cake lei!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin