Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple & Easy Banana Bread

Banana Bread4

This super simple recipe, perfect for a busy housewife like me. I always seem to have bananas that have gotten too ripe to eat and what I do is to make them into cake or bread, use them up rather end up in the rubbish bin. This banana bread recipe are simple, we don't need yeast or to do all the kneading and even my daughters can make it after I prepare all the ingredients for them. We don't need a mixer to get the batter done. Preparation was quick and cleanup was super easy.

- Ripe bananas -

Banana Bread1
Yum-my !!... it's moist & delicious

Here are the recipe for this super yummy banana bread. Try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients:

3 or 4 ripe bananas - smashed
50 g melted butter
120 g sugar - (I use 100 g)
1 egg - slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla essense
1/2 or 1 tsp cinnamon ground (optional)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
200 g plain flour


Method:
Preheat oven to 160c (325f).
Sieve flour, cinnamon ground and soda together and set aside.
Mix melted butter with mashed bananas in mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
Add in sugar, salt, egg and vanilla. Stir the mixture till well combined.
Lastly, add the sieve flour. Mix well.
Pour mixture into a greased 8"x4" loaf pan.
Bake for 50mins or until it's cooked. Cool on wire rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

*If the surface of the bread tend to brown too fast, cover the pan with aluminium foil after 30mins of baking time before it's burnt

Simply easy to bake this right???

Note: For those who loves nuts can add in some coarsely chopped walnuts in the mixture. If you add chocolate chips in it, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. *The sweetness of the bread are depend on the sweetness of the banana used - use less sugar if the banana are very sweet. I sprinkles some cinnamon & sugar mixture on top of the bread before I baked it. I just love how it crisp and cracked on top of the bread. It is moist and yummy!☻

2 comments:

自由自在的云 said...

Hi!I am Chiu Yin. I am wondering why the banana bread no need baking powder and any kind of liquid? Won't it be too dry?

TINTIN said...

Chiu Yin : Hi, welcome to my BLOG!! Yep, this banana bread doesn't need baking powder as the baking soda works the same. Banana after we mashed it will be liquid like and with egg, it will produce enough amount of liquid for this recipe. Hope it helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin