"阿扎鱼" or Acar Hu (pickled fish in turmeric vinegar sauce) My favourite fish since childhood days :) I can finished 2 plate of rice with just this one dish. A dish that's very easy to prepare and cook. This dish taste even better if we keep it overnight. YUMMY!!
500g Ikan Kembung (or any other type of fish) - cleaned
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
enough oil for deep-frying
100g fresh turmeric (shredded)
50g ginger (shredded)
300ml white rice vinegar
6tbsp sugar (or to taste)
10 or more pips garlic (removed skin and sliced)
3 red chillies (sliced) - optional, for decoration purpose
3 green chillies (sliced) - "
6 - 8 small spicy chillies (if u prefer it a bit spicy)
2tbsp white sesame seeds (toasted) - optional
- (A): Rub fish with turmeric powder, salt and marinate it for 1 hour. Heat up oil for deep-frying. Deep-fry the fish until crispy. Dish and drain.
- (B): Leave about 3tbsp oil in wok, saute shredded ginger, turmeric until fragrant. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- (C): Cook all ingredients into saucepan until boiled. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- (D): Blanch all ingredients D in boiling water for about 1/2min. Dish and drain.
- Mix A,B,C and D, leave aside for at least 5 hours or overnight. Sprinkles toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.
Tips to share: Prepare B & C one day ahead so that they are totally cool before adding in fish and D. The dish can be kept longer this way.
Out of idea on what to cook??? TRY THIS OUT!