Let me share on how I cook this yummy "Ayam Kurma" here.
600gm chicken/meat (1/2 chicken), cut into pieces
3 cloves of garlic
1 green chili, seeded
1 inch ginger
1 packet of Adabi Kurma curry spices (mix it with some water to form curry paste)*
1 lemon grass, smashed
1 inch stick cinnamon
1 piece tamarind skin (can replace it with some tamarind juice)
3 potatoes, skinned and cut
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 cup of coconut milk (reduce it if you prefer it less santan taste, adjust according to your own liking)
some cooking oil
sugar & salt to taste
-this is ADABI KURMA spices -
- In a wok, heat some oil. Add in the blended ingredients, lemon grass and cinnamon. Saute until it's fragrant.
- Add in Adabi Kurma paste and ground candlenuts. Stir till it's a bit dry and fragrant until the oil appears on top of it, keep on stirring it to prevent the curry paste sticks on the wok (At this time, we can lower the heat and this take sometime to cook it)
- Add in the chicken pieces, stir to until all the chicken is cover with the paste and change colour, slightly pale. Add in some water and let it cook for a while.
- Pour in the coconut milk, add in the potatoes. Let it cook till the potatoes are soft (we can always boil the potatoes half-cooked ahead)
- Add the tamarind skin, salt and sugar to taste (I didn't add any sugar as I found the curry is already sweet)
- Lastly, add in the tomatoes and onions wedges. Stir and let it cook till the tomatoes and onions are cooked.
I hope you all can try to cook this at home. A good dish to prepare when there are gatherings or party.
Wish you all a wonderful weekend and Happy Cooking !