Saturday, August 1, 2009

Easy Sardine Puff

Sardin Puff1

I bought 3 packets of this frozen puff pastry the other day and decided to give it a try today. I made this Sardine Puff for teatime snack today. The puff turn out very crispy and flaky. I found it's a bit too oily but overall it's yummy!! Great to be eaten with a cup of hot coffee on raining day...hehe!!

Sardin Puff2

I wrapped the puffs this way for a change, rather than wrapping it in the traditional pillow puff and surprisingly it turn out just great. I love to see how it cracked open on the top and show it's fillings.

Kawan Puff Pastry

Sardine Puffs Recipe


Ingredients:

1 packet of frozen puff pastry (I use Kawan brand, consist of 10 pieces)

1 big canned sardine in tomato sauce (remove bones, drained from the tomato sauce)
2 onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
chili powder, to taste (optional)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

some cooking oil

Method:

  • Heat a pan with oil and saute onion and garlic till fragrant. Add drained sardines in and 3 tbsp of the tomato sauce.
  • Mash coarsely when cook it.
  • Season with chilli powder, salt and pepper.
  • Add lime juice and cook for 1 more minute or till it is dry.
  • Set aside and let it cold.
  • Preheat oven to 200c.
  • Place some filling in the middle of each square skin (make some holes on the skin with fork) and fold the four edges to the center.
  • Press the edges with our fingers to seal it.
  • Glaze with some beaten egg and bake till puffed and golden in colour.

Sardin Puff3


HAPPY BAKING!


AMY

6 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

I love making this easy sardin puff too but I used the frozen paratha (roti canai) It is less oily than the puff pastry.

TINTIN said...

ICook4Fun: I will try out the frozen paratha skin next round. Thanks!!

Reanaclaire said...

wow..amy, this looks easy..hahaa.. but i think its difficult for me.. i wonder this pastry is sold in Jaya Jusco or not..

TINTIN said...

Claire: Yes, you can try this...it's easy and yummy. I bought the pastry at Tesco.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I also just use the same brand of frozen pastry to make chicken pie, but I think the suggestion by Icook4fun to use frozen paratha would be a good idea for my next trip, since less oily..Anyway, your this puff is simple and delicious..

cherry potato said...

L like this! I also tried to made sardine roll before.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin