I bought 3 packets of this frozen puff pastry the other day and decided to give it a try today. I made this Sardine Puff for teatime snack today. The puff turn out very crispy and flaky. I found it's a bit too oily but overall it's yummy!! Great to be eaten with a cup of hot coffee on raining day...hehe!!
Sardine Puffs Recipe
1 packet of frozen puff pastry (I use Kawan brand, consist of 10 pieces)
1 big canned sardine in tomato sauce (remove bones, drained from the tomato sauce)
2 onion, diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lime, juiced
chili powder, to taste (optional)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
some cooking oil
- Heat a pan with oil and saute onion and garlic till fragrant. Add drained sardines in and 3 tbsp of the tomato sauce.
- Mash coarsely when cook it.
- Season with chilli powder, salt and pepper.
- Add lime juice and cook for 1 more minute or till it is dry.
- Set aside and let it cold.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Place some filling in the middle of each square skin (make some holes on the skin with fork) and fold the four edges to the center.
- Press the edges with our fingers to seal it.
- Glaze with some beaten egg and bake till puffed and golden in colour.