Saturday, February 21, 2009

Strawberry Yoghurt Ice-Cream

Strawberry Yoghurt Icecream 1

Yay...Ice-cream!!! Ya, it's a must in my freezer to cool me down in this warm and dry season. I loved the Baskin Robbin's Strawberry Cheese Cake flavour ice-cream, which make me to take the first move to try out this Strawberry Yoghurt Ice-Cream recipe. Without the knowledge of making ice-cream, I just followed Aunty Yochana's recipe that I found online and it turn out not bad at all except the ice-cream is not as smooth as it could be. I just beat the cream with my hand mixer without using the ice-cream maker as I don't have one at home. Will that be the reason of the ice-cream not fine?? Anyway, my kids and I still enjoying it as it's still taste far better than the one we got from the supermarket. Yeah! ~



Let me share the recipe☻

Ingredient :
300g Fresh Strawberries
100g Sugar
200g Non dairy whipping cream
1 tsp Strawberry emulco
100g Strawberry flavoured yoghurt



Method : Wash and blend strawberries with sugar until it become puree. Set aside. Whisk non dairy cream until it is thick or stiff. Mix yoghurt with the strawberry puree and then fold in the whipped cream slowly. Add in the strawberry emulco and mix well. Pour the cream mixture into a plastic container and freeze overnight until it's firm.

Note : The amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the strawberries you use for the ice-cream. Cut down the sugar if the strawberries are very sweet. My strawberries are sourish sweet and my ice-cream taste like it. The recipe above makes 300g Strawberry ice-cream☻



the not yet freeze ice-cream in the container


after one night in the freezer


Strawberry Yoghurt Icecream 2
I snapped this picture when I scoop the ice-cream for my daughter☻

My children love the ice-cream so much. I want to thank them for being so supportive all the time ☻and I will definitely try out some other flavour in future.

3 comments:

Constance Chan said...

wow! i think you really have done well in this food blog! i can feel your passion. keep it up!

the ice cream looks good. i bought some strawberries the other day but i'll be making the non yoghurt type, hopefully it works!

TINTIN said...

Thanksss !!!

Unknown said...

wow.. it looks yummy. can I ask where you get the emulco?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin