Sunday, November 28, 2010

Banana & Cranberries Butter Cake

Banana Cake3

I'm not a fan of banana fruit and I don't like to banana unless it was made into banana fritters, banana muffins or banana cakes. I've baked banana chiffon cake, banana muffins, banana bread before and I admit that I just can't get enough of bananas .. hehe!! I just like to try out other recipes that banana was used as the main ingredient. Today, while browsing thru some baking blogs online.. I came through this "Banana Walnut Butter Cake" recipe from My Sweet Hut. Cynthia's Blog banana cake recipe required 100gm finely grind untoasted walnut, since I didn't have grind walnut in my pantry I just replace it with 100gm of self raising flour. I add dried cranberries in it for extra berries flavor to my liking. I really love the texture of this banana cake, it's really soft - very buttery taste - not oily at all and I love the sweet banana's aroma all over my house at the time I baked it in the oven :) Below are the recipe of the cake which I've slight edit to suit my taste buds and easier way method of preparing it - Have a look at the ingredient & start bake one now !!! - - ->>>

Banana Cake2

Ingredients needed :

230gm butter (room temperature)
2 tbsp honey (can omit this if don't have honey at home)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 large eggs (room temperature)
150gm castor sugar

270gm self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
(shift the 3 ingredients - flour/bicarbonate of soda/salt together)

240gm ripe bananas (mashed)
2 tbsp of dried cranberries


Banana Cake4

The original recipe in Cynthia's Blog requires whisk eggs & sugar in another mixing bowl. I skipped this step and just mixing all the ingredients the traditional butter cake way. Surprisingly, the cake turn out soft and moist with the simple method I use :)

Banana Cake1

How I bake this cake :

  • Preheat oven at 170c. Lined the base of two 8"x3" loaf pan or 7" square pan with baking paper (Do not grease the side)
  • Cream butter, honey & vanilla essence until pale & creamy. Add in sugar and beat till it's fluffy.
  • Add in egg one at a time. Slowly beat till it's well mixed. (*Crack the eggs in a bowl first before add into the butter mixture)
  • Fold in 1/2 portion of the sifted dry ingredients (flour+soda+salt) to combined before fold in the mashed bananas. Followed by the remaining dry ingredients, dried cranberries & mixed till well combined.
  • Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 50mins or until the skewer inserted in the middle of the cake came out clean.
  • Leave to cool on the baking rack before un-mould it and cut.

HAPPY BAKING!!!


AMY

4 comments:

Cooking Gallery said...

This looks so soft and moist...! Good job :).

annann said...

This look so nice a.......

Lydia said...

It looks soft an moist indeed!

Beverly's Secret said...

Hey TinTin, spotted your awesome blog again while i was searching for the right recipe to satisfy my banana cake craving! Yay! Will definitely try this out~~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin