Monday, March 9, 2009

Bacon Onion Bun

Bacon & Onion Bread 4

It's quite sometime since my first bread attempt and I still have the bread flour left untouched until I use it to make pizza the other day. I was not very satisfied with the bread I made the first time and wish to try it again for the second time. I use the same dough recipe from Fad About Food but, this time I'm going to use Wendy's bacon and spring onion filling recipe.

I divided the dough into 12 small balls to make 12 small bacon onion buns. It's the same as the first time, my buns were all gone in less than an hour time. This is the courage that my kids gave me to bake more for them☻ Crispy bacon and onion in soft freshly baked buns, mmm.. who can resist this??

Ingredients for bacon onion filling:


4 slices of bacon
1/2 cup green onion - chopped finely
few dashes of black pepper
few dashes of garlic powder
some Italian seasoning
some Parmesan cheese





Method:

Place the bacon in a plate with paper towel, microwave it until crispy. Remove the excessive oil with a paper towel, crumble and mix with chopped onion.
Add the black pepper, garlic powder, some italian seasoning on it.
Divide the dough into 2 and rest for 5 - 10 minutes in a bowl, covered.
Divide each dough into 6 small ball. Shape the dough into small triangular shape, fill it with the bacon and onion filling at the centre, sprinkles some Parmesan cheese on top and roll it up become a small bun.
Bake in the preheat oven at 160c (325f) for the first 18mins and at 190c (375f) for 2 mins to brown to buns.

Bacon & Onion Bun

Happy Baking!

3 comments:

FAD MOM said...

that's wonderful.. i'm sure your kids will always remember home with lots of wonderful smells and yummy things you made for them.

Clarissa said...

thanks for sharing this!!I'm sure my kids will love them,too!!

thanks for dropping by!!
Have a nice day!^_^

test it comm said...

Those bacon filled buns look so tasty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin