Monday, April 13, 2009

Easy Steamed Cake - "Ma Lai Koh"

Ma Lai Koh1

I come through this steamed cake "Ma Lai Koh" recipe at My Kitchen Snippets and give it a try. Why not other types of cakes or kuih but I choose to make this??? It's all because of my girls. They both loves this type of cake and will ask me to buy for them whenever they follows me to the market. There are pandan flavour and palm sugar one sold at the market. I will try out the palm sugar one next time.

Ma Lai Koh2

Very simple and yet delicious cake. My daughters told me, "Mommy, this cake is delicious!!!" ~☻ All the tiredness recharged when we heard this right??? ~lol (wink*)

Ma Lai Koh3

Here is the recipe for this steamed cake - "Ma Lai Koh".

(Recipe from My Kitchen Snippets)

Ingredients:

(A)
5 eggs
200 g castor sugar (I use 190 g)


(B)
100 ml vegetable oil (I use corn oil)
130 ml milk


(C)
280 g flour (I use cake flour)
4 tbsp custard powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 of baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Method:

Sieve together the ingredients in (C) in a bowl and set aside.

Whisk (A) until light and creamy. Fold in (B) and then (C) until well combined.

Pour cake batter into a well greased 8"x8" pan and steam it on high heat for 30 mins or until skewer comes out clean when tested.

Let the cake cool complete before cutting.

Notes: The custard powder is added to make the cake turn out in yellow colour and it doesn't help much with it's flavour. You may omit it if you are making the pandan or palm sugar flavour cakes.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yummy! This is my favourite :)

Chi said...

Hi Amy,
Thanks for the recipe. When you substituted the plain flour with cake flour, did you increase/decrease the amount or use the same amount (280g)? Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin