Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Moist Chocolate Cupcakes - A MUST TRY !!

A Must Try2

It has been a while since I last bake anything. My beloved father passed-away suddenly and left me with some stuff follow up and my mom are now staying with me. All this while, when I spent my time baking, my father are the one who help me to fetch my kids to & from school and I can just concentrate on my baking work. Now, I really have to planned for the time and make sure the whole process of baking can be done on time or it will ruined everything I do.. hehe ~

I really miss the time when I can just bake anything I want without worrying that I have to fetch my kids ... I miss my dad a lot, he was such a good daddy & helps me whenever I need a helping hand. Since the school holiday have started, I can now steal some of my time to starts baking again... I think I will soon get addicted to baking again hahaha.. Once started, don't feel like stop it!! Today, I bake some moist chocolate cupcakes. My kids they love chocolate cupcakes so much. I already have few recipes on Moist Chocolate Cakes and this time I'm going to try the recipe I got from Ann Journal - what attracts me is the word "A MUST TRY!! " so, why not try it out?? lol ...

A Must Try3

Did all of you notice that my cupcakes look so odd? The batter spilled all over the paper liners?? Actually this recipes will make 18 cupcakes, I only filled it into 12 paper liners and I filled it too full for the reason I don't want to waste the remaining cake batter. Lesson learned - do not fill your cup too full or it's end up the odd looking cupcakes like mine ... hehe!! But, it still taste extremely yummy, cake are soft and moist with chocolatey aroma. Not too bad ya?? haha

A Must Try1



Ingredients: (Makes 18 cupcakes)

100g butter, softened
200g castor sugar
2 eggs
3/4tsp vanilla essence

1/2 cup milk (125ml)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup hot boiling water (mix with 1tsp Nescafe Instant Coffee Powder)

190g flour
1/4 salt
3tsp baking powder
40g cocoa powder


A Must Try5


Method :

  • Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a big bowl. Dissolve baking soda in milk.
  • Cream butter and sugar until light. Add in vanilla essence and eggs, continue beating.
  • Add in the rest of the ingredients (milk, coffee liquid and the sifted flour mixture) Beat till it's smooth.
  • Spoon batter into greased paper liners 3/4 full.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 160c for about 20mins or until the skewer inserted to the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • Leave it to cool on rack before icing.
  • Decorate with whatever type of your preference icing or dust lightly with icing sugar.
  • It's best to chill first before consumed the cupcakes.

A Must Try4


Look at my odd shapes chocolate cupcakes ... although it's odd but taste extremely YUMMY!!


HAPPY BAKING !:)

AMY

9 comments:

Aeiween said...

Before your kids finish it remember reserve one for me and one for mommy & this is an order~ (ὺ.ύ).... lol

j3ss kitch3n said...

looks very yummy!

♥peachkins♥ said...

they look cute and beautiful..

Unknown said...

to me, they look fantastic! moist chocolate...i love these two words together!

FAD MOM said...

they look really yummy! if only i have more time in the kitchen.. lately not much time except off days which i have to divide doing many other things!

but i really enjoy coming back here, Amy. your blog reminds me to cook for my kids.. cos i've been so busy, they must have missed out on our home style food..

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

sorry to know your lost..must try this since my family members are chocolate lover too. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia said...

I baked this cake on Sat. I must concur with you that this is a must try recipe. It indeed lives up to its name! Here is my bake:
http://my-sweet-hut.blogspot.com/2010/11/moist-chocolate-cupcake-ii.html

Thanks for sharing. Cheer!

TINTIN said...

Cynthia : I've bookmarked your blog .. your cupcakes turn out great .. Glad you like it!! :)

Cfsm; said...

May i know what kind of flour did you use for your cupcakes? Can i use self-raising flour?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin