I came across this Chocolate Rice Yoghurt Cupcakes not too long ago in Happy Flour's Blog. After reading the ingredients used and it's method, I straight bookmarked it. I know my kids are gonna love this. They love cupcakes with chocolate chips or chocolate rice in it. From the picture in the blog, I can see how soft and fluffy the cupcakes can be. This is the cupcakes that I will want to bake for the kids. I don't like the chewy type muffins and this Chocolate Rice Yoghurt Cupcakes recipe are definitely a keeper. It's very delicious!!
Recipe - adapted from Happy Flour
1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
110gm Cake Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Baking Soda
110g Plain Yogurt
40g Chocolate Rice
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla essence until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour)
5. Fold in flour and yogurt alternately until well combined.
6. Lastly fold in chocolate rice.
7. Spoon batter into the muffin tin until 70% full.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins.
9. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.
This cupcakes are moist, soft & fluffy ... very tasty.
p/s: I doubled the recipes and get 12 medium size cupcakes. Don't fill the cup too full to avoid the batter from spill out in the middle of baking time. Lesson learned*** I'm greedy and fill my cup too full and the cupcakes appears flat on the top, some batter spill out from the side of the cup**