Recipe adapted from Wendy's Blog
- The Adventures Of Giggles
7gm Instant Yeast
480gm Bread Flour
120gm Cake Flour
25gm Milk Powder
60 Unsalted Butter (softened)
*Mix some egg yolk and milk to brush the surface before place in the oven
*Some butter to brush on the surface after remove the buns from the oven
Method :(If you don't have bread maker, please refer to - Bacon Onion Roll for the hand mixing and kneading steps).
1. Place the liquid ingredients (water and egg) into the bread pan of the machine.
2. Then add all the dry ingredients EXCEPT yeast.
3. Make a small well on the top of the dry ingredients (not too deep to keep yeast away from the wet ingredients), add the yeast to the well.
4. Select the DOUGH function and press start.
5. My bread maker takes - 5 minutes for first knead (mixing) and 15 minutes for the whole kneading process.
6. I added the butter after the first knead.
7. Straight I let the dough to proof 2 hour inside the breadmaker
8. The dough should be triple in size after 2.5 hours.
9. Punch the dough with your fist to deflate the gas.
10. Divide the dough to 60g balls and filled them with the peanut paste.
Let it rise for another 50 minutes, cover with plastic film. *(I put the ready buns 15 mins under the heat of hot sun for better proofing) 15 minutes before rising time up, pre-heat the oven at 350
Place the almond slices on top of the buns. Brush the egg & milk mixture liquid and bake it for 13 minutes.
Remove the buns from the oven, lightly brush with butter for shinny effect (optional)
Temperature and time are to be adjusted as different oven will bring different condition and result.