Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cranberry & Raisin Scones

Cranberries & Raisins Scones

This was my very first time baking scones. I tried scones years back when I tour europe and I didn't have a good first impression on it. The scones there are rocky hard and I could hardly cut them half to spread the butter. I don't bother to learn baking them as I have bad impression for scones until I see this Blueberry Scones baked by Wendy - The Adventures Of Giggles

cranberry & raisin scones

I was totally inspired by her lovely blueberry scones. Too bad, I can't get all those fresh blueberries here in Alor Star. I failed to get the frozen one as well, maybe not much people demanded for it. What I can get is only blueberry puree, the one which is more sticky like jam type and I can't use that to bake scones. To replace blueberry, I substitute them with dried cranberries and raisins. But, according to Wendy, blueberries are the BEST for scones. I really want to taste it now. Wendy, keep one for me okay?? lol

cranberry & raisin scones3

After I bake the scones, I totally change my impression toward it. The recipe shared by Wendy are fantastic! The scone are soft and yummy. Not too sweet and it's best eaten warm with some butter or fruit jam. However, I still prefer the eat them with butter. Do give it a try!!

I was lazy to retyped the recipe and please feel free to click HERE for the recipe from The Adventure Of Giggles!

**I substitute the blueberries with the same amount of dried cranberries & raisins mixture.

Happy Baking!

AMY

10 comments:

ann low said...

WOW! I like this one, please keep some for me.

Wendy said...

haha.... finally you post it!! Good job!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I did cranberry scone earlier too, but have yet to post it out, anyway your scone look really delicious, good job.

Kitchen Corner said...

This really tempting me to make some scones now. After reading HHB blog about her scones and now you've a beautifully baked scones...I think I must go back to my daily routine of scones baking. Thanks for inspiring me, cheers!

Reanaclaire said...

oh.. so this is your active blog, Amy!! sorry sorry... i seldom come here unless i m really full.. hahaha..just came back from breakfast so i know i m safe...
really Amy, i envy u so much.. u r really a good cook!

cherry potato said...

Really nice blog. Will keep to visit you!

tracieMoo said...

cranberryyy?? expensive scones leh.. haha..

TINTIN said...

Anncoo: haha~ Thanks!!
Giggle: Yup, thanks for the recipe sweetie!
Sonia: Thank you. I use dried cranberries and organic raisins, it taste marvellous and the scone are soft.
Grace: You are welcome! I will be waiting patiently for your scone recipe.
Claire: Thank you and I wish to see your cooking too.
CherryPotato: Thank you so much. You've got a nice blog too.
Tracie: Expensive?? I'm sure it's not as expensive as blueberry scones lor~

Yen Lin said...

I love scones! I couldn't hold my saliva when seeing this, you did a great job. And also, every photo looks so nice and the food is yummy!

From Carol
http://carollyl.co.cc/

TINTIN said...

Yen Lin: Thank you and welcome to my Blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin