Anything that taste sweet & sour will sure boost my appetite. I love sweet & sour food so much. Yesterday, I cook my family's favourite Pineapple Chicken -“菠萝鸡”. We can't finish one pineapple as my kids they don't eat pineapple and end up cooking this dish for lunch. This dish is super yummy!!
It's very easy to cook and taste heavenly...trust me!!!
"Claire, you must try this ya :p ~"
3 chicken drumsticks (weight approx. 500gm)
1/2 medium size pineapple (skinned & cut into small pieces)
2 red chillies (cut into 1cm pieces)
1 onion (cut into thin wedges)
2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
some chopped garlic
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp chilli sauce (add more if you like it spicy)
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp sugar
50ml water (or canned pineapple juice)
- Clean chicken and remove the excessive fats on the chicken thighs. Cut it into smaller pieces. (I remove it's skin. However, it's up to your preference to retain the skin or remove it)
- Season with marinade ingredients for at least 30 mins (I marinade it overnight because I was in the rush of time). Deep-fry it in the hot oil until golden in colour. Remove from oil, drain well and set a side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the hot wok, add in the chopped garlic, onion wedges and stir-fry till it's fragrant.
- Add in sauce mixture and bring to boil. Add in fried chicken pieces, pineapple, red chillies and tomatoes. Stir-fry briskly until well combined.
- Thicken with the sauce with some constarch solutions (*optional - just omit this step if the sauce already thick).
- Dish up and serve warm with steamed rice.
p/s: Before dish up taste and slightly adjust the taste to your own liking. Add more sugar if you prefer it to be sweeter, more tomato sauce if you like it sourish or some salt if you like it salty.