Friday, September 10, 2010
Each time when I ran out of idea on what to cook for my 3 little monkeys at home. I'll came out with this simple and yummy dishes like this. I just cook it with what available and it turn out great. My kids they just love it... the ingredients used are just potatoes, chicken breast meat & some ginger. Seasoned it with some dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sugar & pepper. It's just that simple !! :P
1 medium piece of chicken breast (sliced into thin slices)
5 - 6 potatoes (peel it's skin & cut into smaller pieces)
some ginger (cut into thin stripes)
Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
Salt (please omit this if dish taste salty already)
some sesame oil for stir-frying (can replace it with cooking oil)
- Heat wok with sesame oil and add in the ginger strips. Stir-fried till it's golden brown.
- Add in sliced chicken breast, stir-fry it for a little while before add in the potatoes.
- Seasoned it with dark soy sauce & light soy sauce.
- Add in about half cup of warm water and cover up the wok. Lower the heat & let it simmered for about 5 mins or till the potatoes turn soft.
- Cook till the sauce thickened. Season it with some sugar, pepper & some salt if it's not salty enough.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or bread.