Stir-Fried Jicama/Yam Bean Recipe
600g -1 medium size Jicama/Yam Bean (shredded)
1 Carrot (shredded)
300g cabbage (shredded)
5 chinese black mushroom (soaked until soft and shredded)
300g medium size prawn (shelled) /dried shirmp (chopped) &
pork belly (slice thinly)
50g shredded dried cuttlefish (soak till soft & drained)
5 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
4 tbsp cooking oil
some spring onion & fried shallot - garnishing
1 1/2 tbsp minced fermented bean paste
*(this is well depend to the brand used, just adjust the amount to your preference taste)
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp pepper
some salt and sugar to taste - optional*
- Heat up oil, saute garlic until fragrant. Add in shredded pork belly, prawns/dried shrimp, mushrooms and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (*except dried cuttlefish) and stir-fry until well mixed
- Add seasoning and continue to fry until well mixed. Cover and simmer till jicama turn soft and water starts to dish out *add in some water, 100ml and cont' cook if the jicama didn't dish out much water. Continue to cook till it is dry. Add some salt or sugar to taste *( I omit the sugar in this dish as I found it's already sweet to my taste)
- Stir in shredded dried cuttlefish and mixed well.
- Lastly, add in the spring onion and stir to mix.
- Dish up, sprinkle fried shallot on top and serve warm.
p/s: *Due to no stock in hand and I was lazy out to market, I cook this dish with prawns and without the dried cuttlefish. For the better flavour, use pork belly and dried shrimp, don't forget the dried cuttlefish ya!!*
Jicama/Yam Bean is a must in this dish. Other ingredients like cabbage and mushrooms are optional.
HAPPY COOKING !!
To use poppiah skin to wrap this also yummy
looks like a great side dish...
we usually eat it with lettuce wrapped:-)
Post a Comment