150ml Water + Egg (1 egg & add water until it's 150ml)
100ml Fresh Milk (I use Dutch Lady Full Cream Milk)
320gm High Protein Flour (Bread Flour)
80gm Plain Flour
90gm Castor Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Instant Yeast
50gm Butter (softened)
Some roasted sesame seeds (for sprinkle on top)
Egg yolk + Milk (for brushing before baking)
Red Bean Paste
Please refer HERE for the method of kneading the dough.
To assemble the buns:
- Weight 50gm dough balls. Roll it into 2"x5" rectangular shape.
- Roll the bean paste into 1cm diameter long strip and place it at the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough up and roll it again to flatten it.
- Use a sharp knife and cut a long the dough 2 lines.
- Lift up the dough and swirl it for few times before shape it round. Place the dough into paper liner.
- Let the dough proof at warm place for 20-25 mins.
- Brush the surface with the egg yolk + milk mixture before sprinkle it with some sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180c for 12-15 mins or until it is brown in colour.