Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prawn Fritters/Cucur Udang

Cucur Bawang2

It's quite sometime since I last have this "Cucur Udang" and all of sudden it just appeared in my mind that I want to make this for breakfast this morning. Last time when I have a maid, I'll just prepare the batter and mixed all the ingredients in it and then let my maid to fry and do the washing for me. Now, I have to fry it and do the washing myself .... poor me ~ ☻


This "Cucur Udang" is best eaten with the sweet chilly sauce and makes perfect teatime snacks. I reduce the red chillies and add in more prawns here because my kids can't take it too spicy. It's delicious!!



The batter are ready...

Cucur Bawang3

Ingredients:
(A)
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
250ml (1 cup) water
1 tsp salt or to taste
(B)
3 tbsp dried prawns, soaked & pounded
150g prawn meat, diced
3 red chillies, chopped
2 stalks spring onion, chopped
2 big onion, chopped
1/2 cup sweet corn
Oil for deep frying
Method:

Mix (A) in one direction until a smooth batter is formed. To make sure the salt are mix evenly in the batter, dissolved it in the water first before we mix it into the batter.
Add (B) and mix till well combined. Taste.
Heat up oil, spoon mixture into hot oil and deep-fry with medium heat until golden brown and cooked.
Dish and drain on the paper towel. Serve hot as snack.
(Serves: 6-8)

Note : Another easy dishes to prepare and it's YUMMY!

1 comment:

FAD MOM said...

Thanks for posting AMY! I haven't had it for a while, will follow your recipe this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin