Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fine Butter Cake

Fine Butter Cake3

Butter cake was the cake I used to bake for my family all the while. They simply love it so much. It's great for breakfast, teatime snack and to serve our guest on special occasion. Recently, I've been busy on trying out new recipes and I didn't bake butter cake for quite sometime. When I browse through this Fine Butter Cake recipe in Do What I Like - Florence's Blog, her butter cake straight caught my eyes. I do miss eating them!!! After read her recipe, I decided to give it a try as her recipe are different from the butter cake I used to baked. Her recipe requires corn starch and whipping cream and looking at the picture of her cake, the cake texture really fine,,.. no wonder it's called "Fine Butter Cake" ~☻

Fine Butter Cake6

This cake are easy to bake, it's suitable for beginner who just started baking and I tell you, when you smell the buttery smells of this yummy butter cake warm from the oven. I'm sure you'll end up like me ~LOL I take a bite on this cake as soon as I finished doing my photography of the cakes for my blog.

Fine Butter Cake5

The texture of the cake are very different from the butter cake I used to bake. It's very fine with rich buttery smell and with the right amount of sweetness, if it's more moist then this cake would be perfect. I found it a bit dry. Maybe I'll add a little more oil or butter when I bake this again.

Fine Butter Cake4

Here goes the recipe for this Fine Butter Cake
(recipes from Florence - Do What I Like)

Ingredients:
150 g Golden Churn Butter (softened)
1 tbsp corn oil/olive oil (I use corn oil)
110g sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence/1/2 tsp vanilla paste
3 large egg
140 g cake flour
40 g corn starch
1/3 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp whipping cream/milk

Fine Butter Cake1

What to do:

Sieve together twice cake flour, corn starch and baking powder into a large bowl. Set aside.
Cream butter, sugar, salt, oil, and vanilla till it's fluffy and pale.
Add in eggs one at the time, beat well to mix after each addition.
Add in the flour mixture and mix at low speed till well blended.
Stir in the whipping cream and mix well.
Pour the batter into a lined or greased 8"x4" loaf pan and bake at 180C for 35 - 45 minutes or till it's golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center came out clean.

Fine Butter Cake2

Tips shared by Florence:

Notes: After the batter 10 - 12 minutes in the oven, remove it and make a length-wise cut on the surface of the batter with a knife so that the cake will "explode"/cracked nicely with a neat line in the middle.

For best result of this recipe use Golden Churn brand butter and whipping cream.

HAPPY BAKING ~☻

3 comments:

FAD MOM said...

looks very fine also the texture...

Florence said...

Hi,
Your's definitely looked drier than mine.
Different brand of flour has different absorption properties, I would suggest you add more whipping cream like up to 5 tbsp instead of 3.
I baked my cake for about 38 minutes and it's done. Try testing if the cake is cooked before the specified time as baking it too long produces a drier cake.

TINTIN said...

Florence: Thank you and I will try baking it again with the tips your share with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin